Curtis R. Harrington II
Curtis is a founding partner of Belcher Sykes Harrington, PLLC and his practice is primarily focused on assisting alcoholic beverage/hospitality and cannabis industry members both inside and outside of Tennessee.
Curtis has vast experience representing alcohol industry members of all types, shapes and sizes. His clients range from manufacturers of all types of alcoholic beverages, to dedicated wholesaler/distributors and all manner of alcoholic beverage retailers. Clients include breweries, wineries, distilleries, alcohol brand owners and investors, wholesaler/distributors, importers, and retailers of all shapes and sizes such as music festivals and venues, stadiums, airport facilities, trade associations, hotels, bars, restaurants, grocery stores, food trucks, caterers, and retail liquor stores. In the cannabis space, Curtis has experience assisting growers, brand owners, processors, carriers, and retailers with their needs.
Prior to tailoring his practice over ten years ago to the areas of alcoholic beverage/hospitality and cannabis, Curtis was a litigation attorney focusing on the areas of bankruptcy/debt restructuring, business litigation and personal injury. Curtis also has experience advising clients in areas of entertainment/music law such as copyright registration, infringement and recapturing, trademark registration applications and related disputes, licensing, and the negotiation of recording agreements, media appearance agreements, management agreements, and publishing deals.
Curtis prides himself in his ability to take a calculated, cost-based approach to every matter, large or small. Whether opening or winding-up a business, protecting assets against future unknowns, or obtaining maximum recovery for an individual or business involved in a dispute, Curtis keeps the client’s objectives and resources in mind while leveraging the firm’s resources for the client’s advantage.
- Alcoholic Beverage Law and Licensing
- Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law
- Business Formation and Transactions
- Contract Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Contract Drafting
- Cannabis/Hemp Industry Law
- Louisiana State University
- Loyola University Law School – New Orleans
- Vanderbilt University Law School – 2008 Legal Clinic Participant
Legal Libations – Alcoholic Beverage Law Blog
Affiliations & Community involvement
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association Chancery & Circuit Court Committee
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court
- Wayne Reed Christian Childcare Center: Board Member (2013-2015)
- Fannie Battle Day Home: Board Member (2017-Current)
- Nashville Hot Chicken Festival: Board Member (2019-Current)